The Cloud is Scalable, Reliable, Secure and Cost-effective
“Cloud computing” is the on-demand delivery of IT resources via the Internet with pay-as-you-go pricing. The cloud is a collection of hardware and systems. You buy a portion of these resources, allowing for flexible and responsive IT – the typical IT problems and costs become a thing of the past.
The last few years has seen the world continue its massive shift to cloud services, with nearly two-thirds (63%) of UK firms planning to migrate their entire IT estate into the cloud (source: Computer Weekly, Feb 2016). The flexibility, scalability and TCO (total cost of ownership) makes cloud solutions the sensible choice.
Amazon Web Services Migrations
Here at Rio, we specialise in the cloud solutions from Amazon. Amazon is the most reliable, sophisticated and widely used cloud solution in the world (larger than Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud). We believe the future of IT infrastructure lies with Amazon, which is why we are proud to be an accredited member of the Amazon Partner Network, with our staff holding certifications in AWS solutions.
Amazon Web Services Security
Secure: Used by the CIA: AWS security is stronger than on-premise
Encryption at rest and in transit, hardware security modules, physical security, certification, accreditation, ISO 27001 and more. $600M is spent by the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) for cloud services with Amazon Web Services*.
*Frank Gillett, Forrester Research, The Wall Street Journal, “Are Consumers Better Off Putting Everything in the Cloud?”, May 11, 2014.
Let's discuss your IT strategy.Free consultation
- Reliable: SLA 99.99% availability over a given year
- Durable: Your data is stored redundantly across multiple facilities and devices.
- Swap capital expense for variable expense: Only pay for what you consume, instead of investing in your own data centres and servers.
- Increase speed from weeks to minutes: Give your organisation the agility it needs – with the IT resources you need always just a click away.
- Stop spending money on your own servers: You don't even need to abandon your current hardware investment, as AWS offers hybrid environment capability to integrate with your current infrastructure. You can also enjoy deep visibility and control over compliance and governance factors.